Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Review & Swatches - Kat Von D Tattoo Chronicles Palette

Just want you guys to know that the tags on these photos are mine and these ARE my photos. "Sexiee jenn 21" is my AOL email address and is also an email address that I use. You can contact me at customeyesforyou@yahoo.com though.

I'm going to start off by saying that this is my favorite palette at the moment and I've been using it a lot since I got it about a month ago at Sephora.com.

The Packaging;
From the outside this palette looks like a vintage, hard cover book. It's beautiful and I can tell that there was a lot of thought put into it. When you open "the book" there is a beautifully drawn photo and Kat Von D's signature on it. Next to that on the first page is some text written by Kat Von D, quotes and things. On the next two pages is more text and another very beautiful drawn photo. There is also a dedication to all of us for inspiring her and it says "With Love" and her signature. After all that, when you get to the shadows and fun stuff, there is a big mirror!  Also, the eyeshadow palette itself pops out and underneath is the double ended rollerball perfume. I love that it comes out like that because when I'm doing my makeup I take it out, it's easier that way. I don't want to have to hold a book while doing my eyeshadow!
The Eye Shadow, Primers & Lashes;
-I love each and every eye shadow in this palette. Some are better than others but overall, they're amazing. Most of these are very smooth and buttery. I haven't experienced much fallout at all and every single eye shadow is either very pigmented or almost as good as the rest. For me, each row of four eye shadows go together very nicely and the primers beneath each row seem to work well for those shadows.  

-The primers are alright, not the best though. First of all, they're tiny 0.1fl oz each. They are kind of thick and take some time to blend. They do make the colors last longer and keep them vibrant. 

-I haven't used the lashes yet but they look very dramatic and fun. I think lash adhesive should have been included but it's alright, there IS a ton of extras in this palette!
The Swatches;
Tijuana - An almost matte black with gold glitter.
Taxidermy - Bronze with lots of gold shimmer, very soft texture. 
Hollywood - Lighter bronze/gold, very soft texture.
Peanut - Pale, light gold, nice for inner corners and brow bone. 
Redemption- Matte blue/purple, texture isn't as smooth and soft as the others but is still beautiful.
Solitude- Lilac, smooth and soft. 
Heartkiller- Baby pink with silver glitter. I like using it to highlight and inner corners when I do purple or pink looks.
Baudelaire- Sparkly light silver with a very light blue tint. Unique color, some fallout. 

Monastary- Black with silver glitter. Very soft and smooth. Not a very intense black like Tijuana but it's still amazing. I just prefer very intense colors. 
Poe Blue- The name says it all. Texture isn't smooth and it has some issues just like Redemption but it's still nice. Just not as pigmented as the rest :-(.
Nite Owl- Deep emerald
Lemmy - Lemon yellow (duh). Soft, smooth, silky and very pigmented. This one glides on like a dream. Most of these colors do but this one is the best when it comes to that in my opinion. Usually I have issues with yellow eyeshadow but this one is amazing. 
Those are the primers. The top photo is the primers blended out. 

Skin- Nude and dried pretty transparent on my fair skin.
Stellar - Shiny and kind of lightens whatever eye shadow you wear on top.
Smoky- Deep Grey, good for smoky eye looks. 


The Double Ended Rollerball Perfumes;
I need to tell you that I'm horrible at explaining scents but I'm getting better at it. I'm not going to sit here and tell you what the website says about these scents so I'll try my best. 
This is great for on the go and these last a long time. These aren't cheaply made and do not leak in your purse. 

Sinner; This is a very intense, sweet scent. Very bold and sexy and "Sinner" is a great name for it. I like this for the weekends, when I'm going out. 
Saint; Love this scent to death. It's soft, sexy and very feminine. It's a very sensual scent, my fiance loves it on me. This is fresh and sweet but not too intense, I get so many compliments when I wear this. My first thought when I opened it was "mmm, vanilla"! 

Would I recommend this?;
Yes, without a doubt. I'll also be buying this palette for a friend, her birthday is coming up and she'd love it.
This was originally $55 and is now only $39, that is an amazing deal. It's limited edition but still available at Sephora. I think everyone should have this palette in their collection. If this is the only palette I had, I'd be alright! I cannot say enough good things about this. I hope she makes more palettes like this one soon. 
I'm going to rate this a 4.5/5 ONLY because of the very few eye shadows that have some slight issues that I stated above and because there isn't any lash glue. 


2 comments:

  1. great review! the colors look pretty and this package come with a lot! definitely worth the money!

    ReplyDelete