Saturday, March 19, 2011

STILA - *Fabulous in Fiji* Collectable Travel Palette #5


I'm going to try to make this shorter than my review on "Trendsetting in Tokyo".
This is the fifth limited edition travel palette Stila has released. Each of these adorable palettes feature a different "Stila girl" and their adventures while traveling. This one is featuring Ali, check out more about her "adventure" here

You'll get;
  • Four .015 oz eyeshadows
  • One .09oz dual lip & cheek color



This one is also still available at Sephora but will probably be gone soon, get it while you can for just $10!!

Review;
This one is my personal favorite out of the three that I own. I really love tropical, bright, unique eyeshadow. Fabulous in Fiji isn't for everyone. I'll explain why in a bit. 
The packaging;

 Like I said in my post about "Trendsetting in Tokyo" this is the perfect sized palette for traveling and on-the-go touch ups! I love how small and cute these little palettes are. This is made of sturdy cardboard and I really don't see it breaking or getting worn out for a long time! When you open the palette up, there is a mirror and a travel inspired quote... the mirror comes in handy! This closes easily with a sturdy magnet that keeps it shut.  
The outside of this palette is pretty, with pictures of palm trees and the main color being sky blue!
The Eyeshadow & Convertible Color;
These eyeshadows have great color pay off and are really smooth. They are easy to blend and all colors create a really nice look when used together! You'll need a primer or base underneath though... 








 I haven't used the convertible color yet because it doesn't match my skin tone well. I will be using this in the summer though!









Below are swatches and descriptions of all the colors
r&r, escape, palm, wave all with primer underneath
r&r, escape, palm, wave, plumeria  All eyeshadows with primer underneath
R&R - Very light icy blue with shimmer. Lovely color and awesome to highlight, for the brow bone or to use on the inner corners of your eyes! 



Escape - Sky blue with shimmer. This is a light blue color and looks great all over the lid by itself or used to highlight! 

Palm - Bright green with a little shimmer. This is my favorite in the palette! It's a beautiful color and can be used for many different looks. You can use this eyeshadow for an intense look as well as a more toned down look!

Wave - Bright navy blue. I like to pair this with Palm for a really bright, fun look. Really pretty! As you can see in the swatches below, this color can be patchy when used without a primer! 
Plumeria - Bronze. I'd probably use this as a bronzer in the summertime when I'm not so pale! I do like this color a lot but I'm not sure if it'll work for me. I don't really like it on my lips. 

flying may not be all plain sailing, but the fun of it is worth the price -amelia earhart



^Quote inside the palette^


No comments:

Post a Comment