Monday, March 14, 2011

STILA - *Trendsetting in Tokyo* Collectable Travel Palette #3

I missed most out on most of these adorable "mini" palettes but I was able to get three of them, I'll be reviewing all the ones I do have.
Details;
This is the third limited edition Stila travel palette they've released.  Each of these palettes feature a different Stila girl and their adventures while traveling. This palette is featuring Zoe, you can check out so much more about her "adventure" HERE
This palette contains;
  • Four .015 oz eyeshadows
  • One .09oz dual lip & cheek color 
Availability; Sephora for just $10!
 If you're planning on buying this, I'd hurry up because it won't be available for long! 
Review;
The Packaging;
This is the perfect sized palette for traveling and on-the-go touch ups, it fits right in my hand! It's nice and slim so it'll fit perfectly in your purse! 
This is made of sturdy cardboard, not flimsy at all. It has a magnet that keeps the palette shut, that is also very sturdy. Prior to purchasing this, I thought it would look flimsy and cheap in person. That isn't the case, it looks like I paid a lot more than just $10 for this adorable palette. 
The main color on the outside is a beautiful purple shade and "Zoe" (the Stila girl) is beautiful on this palette. There is also very pretty shades of yellow, orange and pink on the outside. The whole thing is very pretty unique. On the inside is a very nice travel inspired quote and an awesome, perfect sized mirror. 
*The only thing I dislike about the packaging is that sometimes as I'm applying my eyeshadow I'll get a bit of it close to the cream convertible color and that always makes my heart jump out of my chest! Luckily, I've never actually gotten any of the eyeshadow into the convertible color itself.
The Eyeshadow;
Overall, these eyeshadows are really nice. I haven't tried any other Stila eyeshadows besides the ones in their travel palettes so I really can't compare them. I have heard people say that these aren't as pigmented as their full-sized eyeshadows. I've also heard that these smaller sized eyeshadows in the travel palettes don't have nearly as much fallout as the full-sized ones. So the travel palettes compared to the full-sized eyeshadows both have their ups and downs. I personally think that this is a great buy. 
                                            


*Below are swatches of the eyeshadows and convertible color*

        
        
SAKE - Beautiful shimmery champagne/beige. Has fallout but not very much at all. Lovely color for highlighting or for your brow bone! Getting a good swatch photo of this was difficult but it does have good color pay off  and is my favorite eyeshadow in this palette.

Sake, without primer & with primer





KAWAI - Shimmery medium pink. I love this unique pink shade, this one doesn't have much shimmer though.  I get a lot of use out of this color, I really like pairing it with "Sake". It has very good color pay off. 
Kawai, with & without primer



SHIBUYA - Deep matte blue. A very bright and vibrant color. This color is a bit patchy and more difficult to blend but with some work, this looks amazing. Again, great color pay off.


Shibuya, with & without primer
"PEACE SIGN" - Black with multi-colored glitter. This is a great black eyeshadow and it's very unique because of the glitter. There isn't any fallout either which is hard to find with eyeshadows like this one. I like to pair this with "Shibuya". Not the most intense black but it's still great and like the others, it has great color pay off. 
"Peace Sign", with & without primer
                                                     
Convertible Color;

This is a cream dual lip & cheek color. I really like wearing this on my lips and with lipgloss over it, it's really amazing. At first, I was overwhelmed by the color but once I tried it out, I found that it is very wearable on both the lips and cheeks. 

Sakura - Neutral baby pink. This is a limited edition shade. Out of the three travel palettes I own from Stila, this is my favorite convertible color. It's probably my favorite out of everything in these palettes!




things astonish us when we travel, that surprise nobody else - miriam beard
That is the very true quote on the inside of this palette.


No comments:

Post a Comment